[mythtv-users] HDTV on Myth -- is it a "myth?"

jack jr at jrh.net
Tue Oct 12 01:13:15 UTC 2004

I had pretty much all the problems you described but I knocked them off one
by one on an AMD64 3400. The one I can't get rid of is signal strength... I
can only get into the high 80's on one channel at a time with a highly
directional antenna (the silver sensor). If I move it around I can get just
about any channel in my area but I can't be doing that all the time. For the
most part I just leave it on the WB and use cat /dev/video32 when I want to
record Smallville with xine as a player (much better than mythtv). Otherwise
the cable companies HD PVR gets it for me.

Mythtv works great with my pvr250's though =)