[mythtv-users] Nuvexport - Is anyone sucessfully extracting withthe DVD profile?

Rex Wheeler rex at fuzzy.com
Mon Oct 11 23:04:10 UTC 2004

Well I have been able to get the transcode to come out pretty close by
specifying --sync-offset -600ms to mplex.

To answer your question I am dealing with NTSC video. The recordings I
am trying to convert were made almost a year ago, but I tried converting
one I did today on current build (0.16) and I get the same delay.

I have tried a couple different profiles and they all seem to do the
same thing. (I will try the rest of them and report back if any come up
"working") I am using all the default values that are prompted by the
various profiles.

I came up with the 600ms offset just by "eyeballing and listening" but I
am looking for a way to accurately determine what the offset needs to be
(assuming I can't figure out why I need an offset) Does anyone have a
suggestion as to a program that will allow me to watch the video
(slowly) and display a waveform for the audio and allow me visually
figure out what the offset needs to be?

Thanks,

Rex