[mythtv-users] Remote problem on Kworld TV card

Martin Kassabov martin.kassabov at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 19:52:13 UTC 2004

Hello all,

I have mythtv 0.16 w/ LIRC support set up on
Fedora Core 1 w/ a Kworld TV878RF. Everything is up
and running, but the Kworld remote.

I see in irw that LIRC is working and receiving the
signals after boot up but after mythtv (or any other program)
uses the tunner the remoe stops working - irw reports that
the 'record' button is pressed. If I press some other button
sometimes I get a signal for it but not always.

My guess is that gpio mask for the tuner or the lirc is not set
correctly in /etc/modules.conf
but I have not idea what it is the correct one.

Thanks for any suggestions in advance...

Martin

Heres is my modules.conf:
--------------------
path[toplevel]=/lib/modules/`uname -r`/updates
# default path
path[toplevel]=/lib/modules/`uname -r`
alias eth0 b44
alias usb-controller usb-uhci
alias usb-controller1 ehci-hcd
alias char-major-81 bttv

# SCSI CD Support
# Tell the ide-cd module to ignore hdd
options ide-cd ignore='hdc'
# Load sr_mod upon access of scd0
alias scd0 sr_mod
# Load ide-scsi before sg
below sg ide-scsi
# Load ide-scsi before sr_mod
below sr_mod ide-scsi
# Load ide-cd before ide-scsi
below ide-scsi ide-cd

# Generated by find_tvcardoptions.sh
# i2c
alias char-major-89 i2c-dev
options i2c-core i2c_debug=1
options i2c-algo-bit bit_test=1

# bttv
alias char-major-81 videodev
alias char-major-81-0 bttv
options tuner debug=1
options bttv card=78 radio=1 tuner=2 pll=1 debug=1 audio_inputs=3
bttv_gpio=1 audiomux=0
options msp3400 once=1 simple=1
post-install bttv modprobe tuner; modprobe videodev

#lirc
alias char-major-61 lirc_gpio
options lirc_gpio debug=1
soft_gap=400 sample_rate=12

# nvidia kernel module
alias char-major-195 nvidia-1_0-6111

# --- BEGIN: Generated by ALSACONF, do not edit. ---
# --- ALSACONF verion 1.0.6 ---
alias char-major-116 snd
alias char-major-14 soundcore
alias sound-service-0-0 snd-mixer-oss
alias sound-service-0-1 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-3 snd-pcm-oss
alias sound-service-0-8 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-12 snd-pcm-oss
alias snd-card-0 snd-intel8x0
alias sound-slot-0 snd-intel8x0
# --- END: Generated by ALSACONF, do not edit. ---