[mythtv-users] Pvr-250 Recording: .nuv File extension??

Alan Murrell lists at murrell.ca
Sun Oct 10 22:48:05 UTC 2004

Hi All,

This is hopefully a quick and easy question... :-)

I am recording using a Hauppage PVR-250.  In 'mythtv-setup', I set the
recordings up to use Hardware MPEG-2 encoding, etc.  I noticed that all
the recordings I have done thus far have a '.nuv' extension, which would
initially indicate (to me, anyway) that 'nuppelvideo' was being used to
record.  However, on the next recording I did, I took a look at the load
and CPU usage, and they were *way* down, indicating that the PVR-250 was
indeed doing the recording.

My question: is the '.nuv' extension done by MythTV by default, but the
recordings (in this case) really are MPEG format?

It's not that big of a deal; I don't really care what the extension of
the file is, as long as I know the PVR-250 is doing all the work; I just
want to make sure it indeed is :-)

TIA,

Alan Murrell