[mythtv-users] database errors during upgrade...

anders smith anders at smiths.dk
Mon Oct 11 09:17:23 UTC 2004

After upgrading vi apt-get and atrpms I'm now stuck because the database update balks..

First I got this:

---snip---
2004-10-09 14:41:42 Upgrading  to schema 1051
DB error (performing database upgrade):
Query was ALTER TABLE recorded ADD COLUMN lastmodified TIMESTAMP NOT
NULL:
Driver error was [2/-1]:
QMYSQL3: Unable to execute querry
Database error was:
Duplicate column name 'last modified'
---snip---

I deleted the 'lastmodified' column in the database as well as the 'filesize' when it gave the same complaint and I deleted my 'recordedmarkup' table as it was corrupted, but now I can't get past it.....

I did a mysqldump and I think it's complete, but because of the corruption of the 'recordedmarkup' table I can't be sure, so that is one reason why I haven't just dumped the whole 'mythconverg' database and started from scratch... the other is that I'm not sure of the best way to do it.

Do I simply dump the database, import the mc.sql setup file and the reimport my mysqldump?

Alternatively can someone tell me how to set up the mythconverg.recordedmarkup' table?

thanks
Anders