[mythtv-users] HDTV on Myth -- is it a "myth?"

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Mon Oct 11 05:01:05 UTC 2004

On Oct 10, 2004, at 17:21, Joe Barnhart wrote:

> I have noticed that my "myth" question has not
> received a flood of messages like "I'm using it and it
> works great."

I'm using it and it works great. :-)

I flipped down to ALSA 1.0.5a, rebuilt Myth against it, and all my 720p
problems were gone. I get excellent quality playback of both 720p and
1080i content now, all using Xv.

> Jarod and I are running Athlon systems
> with mucho trouble,

Jarod *was* running with mucho trouble, (which I was actually able to
duplicate on a system almost identical to Doug's), but I managed to get
both my P4 and Athlon playing back everything just fine.

> and I've had responses from three
> Pentium users (yourself included).  Of the P4 users,
> two are working fine and one is not.  I guess just not
> many people are using Myth with HDTV monitors yet.

That, and even fewer folks actually have pcHDTV cards to go with HDTV
displays.

So did you rebuild Myth against the down-graded ALSA libs? I'm not
certain it made a difference here or not, but I made sure to do so on
both systems that had problems and now don't. Enabling extra audio
buffering was the other key for me.

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
jcw at wilsonet.com