[mythtv-users] pthread_setschedparam: Operation not permitted

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 10 23:09:44 UTC 2004

Mark,

I believe that starting with version 0.16 of MythTV,
the frontend tries to get real-time priority in order
to reduce video playback problems.

The message isn't really anything to be concerned
about (it's just saying that it can't get real-time
priority, which is not major in most setups).

You can fix this by setting mythfrontend SUID, which
allows it to run as root, by doing a "chmod +s
<path/to>/mythfrontend .

-- Joe