[mythtv-users] Deleting a video source

Tom Walsh tom at openhardware.net
Sun Oct 10 18:10:36 UTC 2004

Pete Cable wrote:

>I *believe* you can run mythsetup and answer "yes" to the clear
>channel lineup question. Then just add your new video source and
>associate it with your tuner card. Voila!

Yeah, well, it had deleted the video source, but not the channels.  I
had ended up with a new video source with duplicated channels (from the
old video source). The only way I could get rid of the extra channels
assigned to the video source was to create a blank database, populate it
with a video source, get the lineup data, and then manually patch
databases together.

It should not have happened...

TomW