[mythtv-users] xbmc mythtv

Mike Ryan mythtv at redmar.com
Sat Oct 9 14:43:23 UTC 2004

Kevin

With XBMC, I believe that you need to modify the initial startup menu to include
a link for "My TV" to go with the others such as "My Video", "My Music", etc.

There's a readme attached to the distribution that explains which files should
go into which dir for this to happen.

Dist can be found here:
http://changeling.ixionstudios.com/xbmc/

Also, you may be better off posting questions on this to the xboxmediacentre
discussion forum as most people here would use the standard MythTV frontend.
There's a specific thread running on the Python Scripts Development forum
regarding this:
http://www.xboxmediaplayer.de/cgi-bin/forums/ikonboard.pl?s=846ba5637f0e6a22fe36c029d580e047;act=ST;f=21;t=2676;st=90

Incidentally, to answer your quesiton, I use MythTV 0.16 & an XBMC build from
sometime in June (can't remember which and I'm not at home at the moment)
without any problems. I'm in Pal-Land (UK)

Cheers

Mike