[mythtv-users] NFS settings

Mark Wormgoor mark at wormgoor.com
Sat Oct 9 10:58:09 UTC 2004

Hi,

I am still waiting on my Myth machine, but am using NFS for homedirs and
some others already. Suggestions:
1. use rsize and wsize of 32768 for Myth, since most files are large (if
not huge) and you will mostly be doing sequential reads/writes.
2. if at all possible, use tcp and not udp; but your nfs server needs to
support that.  My options in fstab:
bg,hard,intr,tcp,nfsvers=3,rsize=32768,wsize=32768

Kind regards,

Mark