[mythtv-users] I must be cursed with stuttering problems

john roberts homepagez at lycos.com
Sat Oct 9 03:03:20 UTC 2004

Thanks everyone for the great ideas.  I had updated KDE so I did go ahead and re-install/build the nVidia-6111 driver.

I also tried the Audio bummer option.  Still no luck.  Same behavior.

This is a P3 1G box - and it does seem the CPU is VERY busy - near 100% (X and mythfrontend being the 2 CPU %'s).

One item I did forget to mention - I recently bought the MX440 and I just installed it the other day.  Even though I had stutter issues on ATSC content with the older nVidia card I could hit "p"ause during playback and it would go away after un-pausing.  I can no longer get it to stop stuttering even after pausing.

BTW - it does this on live playback AND while watching a recording.

It does not have this issue while watching videos (nfs mount of the backend).

Any more ideas?

Thanks again for all the ideas so far,

-John