[mythtv-users] not a good sign?

Nick Bradaschia nickbr at gmail.com
Sat Oct 9 01:56:06 UTC 2004

Hello everyone,
I've had my mythbox working flawlessly for the last month or so, and
then I got a little careless and ran out of disk space.
I was unable to delete any videos within mythfrontend, so I exited the
program, and closed the backend.  Now, I still can't delete anything
nor start the backend, it tells me:

Starting up as the master server.
2004-10-08 07:41:55 mythbackend version: 0.16.20040906-1 www.mythtv.org
2004-10-08 07:41:55 Enabled verbose msgs : important general
/video/recordings/nfslockfile.lock: Read-only file system
Unable to open lockfile!
Be sure that '/video/recordings' exists and that both
the directory and that file are writeable by this user.

So, I've done a lot of searching and have come up empty.  Can someone
tell me how to add write access to the partition?

Thanks,

nick