[mythtv-users] Matrox G400: Blue screen watching TV or recorded programs

Alan Murrell lists at murrell.ca
Fri Oct 8 21:09:18 UTC 2004

Hi There,

I am currently running:

  MythTV v0.16
  Hauppage PVR-250
  Matrox G600 (dual head) -> TVOut

Using the "Matrox Power Desk" software (as well as the MGA and HAL drivers
from the Matrox site), I am able to get the the monitor to be "cloned" onto
the TV.  Everything seems to work fine, except when I try to watch TV or
watch a recording from the TV: all I get is a blue screen on the TV, but the
picture shows up perfectly on the monitor, and sound is okay as well.

I guess I have two questions:

  1. Is anyone successfully running a G400 outputting to the TV, and if so,
would it be possible to post your XF86Config-4 file?

  2. My real preference would be to run in the framebuffer.  I can get the
frambuffer initially setup, but after that, I get stuck.  I have seen
references to the G200 HOWTO which has helped some people get the G400
working with TV output.  Would it be possible to post a link to the HOWTO?
I could not find it on the MythTV site.

TIA,

Alan Murrell