[mythtv-users] 0.16 mythbackend segfault w/ trace

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Fri Oct 8 16:49:03 UTC 2004

> I just upgraded from mythtv 0.15->0.16.
> 0.15 was running great on my RH9 system w/ PVR250, 512MB RAM, Celeron 2.2G, Intel MB.
>
> Upon ugrading to 0.16, rebooted and noted mythbackend not running.
> Mythtv logs looked clean. Manually started mythbacked and watched it announce a segmentation fault (logs below).

Thanks for the excellent bug report (seriously).  This bug was fixed in CVS post 0.16.
You can apply the bugfix manually to your 0.16 if you want by adding in the 2-line
change from this patc:

http://cvs.mythtv.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/mythtv/programs/mythbackend/Attic/commercialflag.cpp?r1=1.6&r2=1.7

That whole class has been replaced by the JobQueue in current CVS, so that's why the patch
refernces a file in the CVS Attic.
--

Chris