[mythtv-users] nvidia ATrpms and xorg.conf install

Brad Fuller bradallenfuller at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 8 16:38:55 UTC 2004

maybe someone could show the relevent lines in both their
/etc/X11/xorg.conf and /etc/modprobe.conf?

I don't think I'm getting maximum usage of the new drivers. Heck, I may
not even be using them. This is what I have in my /etc/X11/xorg.conf file:

Section "Device"
    Identifier   "Videocard0"
    Driver         "nv"
    VendorName   "Videocard vendor"
    BoardName   "NVIDIA GeForce MX (generic)"
EndSection

I don't see anything else about nvidia. No ModulePath either

I have nothing in my modprobe.conf line regarding nvidia. Do I need
anything?

I've seen some emails with this:

ModulePath "/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions/nvidia" (xorg.conf)

and

# nvidia kernel module

alias char-major-195 nvidia-1_0-6111 (modprobe.conf)