[mythtv-users] Widescreen modeline for projector

David myth at dgreaves.com
Fri Oct 8 15:17:05 UTC 2004

Paul Woodward wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am going to take delivery of a widescreen projector next week and I
> was wondering if anyone could direct me to somewhere to learn how to
> set up the modeline properly. I'm using FC2 if that makes a difference.
>
> The projector is a Hitachi PJ-TX100 and I intend to drive it via VGA
> or DVI at 1280x720. Is it possible to do damage to it by sending it an
> improper signal?

> Paul

Have a look at:
  http://www.mythtv.info/moin.cgi/DualHeadedMythHowTo
and
  http://www.mythtv.info/moin.cgi/ModeLinesHowTo

I use vga on mine (but it's an older one and runs at a lower resolution)

I'd assume you can damage it :)
You need to check the manual for the timing signal - and this usually
tells you the best one to use to reduce any interpolation (basically you
want the PC graphics card to output at native resolution to minimise
interpolation)

David