[mythtv-users] mythtv modules -- none loading

Brad Fuller bradallenfuller at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 8 00:53:57 UTC 2004

Jarod Wilson wrote:

>On Thursday 07 October 2004 14:08, Brad Fuller wrote:
>

>>Is there something special to load modules (like mythweather, mythnew)?
>>
>>I yum installed both of these above but they don't show up in the Setup
>>window.
>>
>>I built mythtv from the latest tarball (didn't yum install it) but, I
>>wouldn't know why that would matter.
>>

>It does matter, because rpm-based and source-based installs put and expect
>files in different locations.
>

>>In fact, if I "yum update mythtv" I receive the msg that it is the
>>latest version.
>>

>So you have both source-based and rpm-based versions installed. Not so good
>unless you really know what you're doing...

Ok, put me in the bin of "not knowing what I'm doing"
But, I kinda figured that out. So, I deleted all references to mythtv
that I built (except my directory is still there)
and tried to yum mythtv at ATrpms.  But, I can't get that to work.
So, I sent out another yelp for help just a minute ago (gosh, you guys
are great. If there is anything I can do for you guys from my expertise,
let me know!)

Please see my recent post (don't want to repeat it here and change the
thread.