[mythtv-users] Suggestion for commercial detection

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Thu Oct 7 22:40:09 UTC 2004

> On Thu, 07 Oct 2004 19:31:14 +0100, Julian Edwards
> <ed at julian-edwards.com> wrote:
> > There seems to be quite a few options now for the type of commercial
> > detection that you can use.  I've found that some work better than
> > others depending on the channel that you're on.
> >
> > How about having a per-channel setting for the type of commercial detection?
> >

> I would second this request.  I would really appreciate a per channel
> setting.  I know that the default works great for TLC, Discovery,
> Nickeloden, etc. but lousy for ABC, NBC, and CBS.

This has been on my TODO list for a while, I plan on changing the current
"commfree" flag to "commmethod" and allowing setting of a commercial detection
method on a per-channel basis rather than just allowing detection ON/OFF
as is the case currently.

I'm also looking at some better logo detection right now, some tweaks that
some SageTV users made to my original commercial detection code.  So hopefully
I'll get that back-integrated soon and we'll get better detection all-around.

Chris