[mythtv-users] Tv Overlay with Nvidia and Sony HDTV

Cory Tucker Corydon.Tucker at Sun.COM
Thu Oct 7 18:30:41 UTC 2004

Hi all,

I'm trying to piece together my MythTV box and I'm almost there.  I have
two problems remaining, 1) I can't get any audio (I'll save that one for
later) and 2), I can't get my display to not have overlay on my TV.

I have an Nvidia GeForce4 4400 using DVI out to my Sony 57" HDTV.  I've
tried many different modelines from Jarod's guide, and a couple other
sources, but I just can't get it to not overfill the screen.  I'm using
the latest nvidia drivers (6111).

Does anyone know how I can fix this?  Is it even possible, and if not,
what should I do?

thanks!

Cory