[mythtv-users] PIP jerky, stuttering, playing too fast - Is this normal?

huffman at graze.net huffman at graze.net
Thu Oct 7 18:07:57 UTC 2004

mark at colormemine.com,  Discussion about mythtv <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
wrote:
> I have just installed a second PVR250, both 980.
> Thanks to the posts on this board, what I thought may
> take a few days took maybe an hour to get it going. I
> have a couple of questions:
>
> 1. When I press M then PIP/Enable it takes about 10
> seconds before PIP is displayed.
>
> 2. The PIP playback is jerky, pauses for a couple of
> seconds then plays like double speed then pauses or is
> jerky again.
>
> When I press Y to switch cards it plays fine. When I
> bring up the video0 in PIP it does same thing in PIP
> as video1. However they both play fine when I switch
> to use that card.

Mark,

    I have *all* of the same problems you're experiencing...and I don't have a
solution for you.  I heard some talk that this may have started occuring in the
ivtv drivers right around ck100.  However, I have not gone back and installed
anything earlier to test.  I just sort of accepted it.  :-(

Brian