[mythtv-users] PIP jerky, stuttering, playing too fast - Is this normal?

Mark H mheg1 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 7 17:30:23 UTC 2004

I have just installed a second PVR250, both 980.
Thanks to the posts on this board, what I thought may
take a few days took maybe an hour to get it going. I
have a couple of questions:

1. When I press M then PIP/Enable it takes about 10
seconds before PIP is displayed.

2. The PIP playback is jerky, pauses for a couple of
seconds then plays like double speed then pauses or is
jerky again.

When I press Y to switch cards it plays fine. When I
bring up the video0 in PIP it does same thing in PIP
as video1. However they both play fine when I switch
to use that card.

I used
ivtv-0.1.10-pre2-ck114i.tgz from
http://67.18.1.101/~ckennedy/ivtv/
Later that night they also have
ivtv-0.1.10-pre2-ck114j.tgz
I installed that latest one and still have same
jerkiness as described above.
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.

Are both of these issues normal behavior for the PIP
window?
ASUS A7N266 Micro-ATX Motherboard
Athlon 2200 processor
256K Kingston PC2100 Memory
MicroAtx Case
PVR250 w/remote
eVGA e-GeForce4 mx440 bx (64 Ram with Tv/Out (Svideo))
Lite-on DVD cd-rw combo
120 GB Western Digital