[mythtv-users] Transcoding recordings

Pete Cable petercable at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 11:52:23 UTC 2004

It was the opposite for me. I could never get reliable automatic
transcoding until 0.16. It's working great for me now, I am averaging
just less than 800MB for a 1 hour recording. I do recall having this
exact same problem before (the super large transcoded files) and I
believe it was a problem with my settings. Make sure that you don't
have the automatic transcode button checked for the transcoding
profile. Also make sure you are transcoding to a lower bitrate. I
record MPEG-2 (pvr250) at the default settings (480x480 4400 I think)
and transcode to MPEG-4 at 480x480 2200 with all the quality options
turned on. For about a week or so automatic transcoding has been
working like a champ with these settings.