[mythtv-users] ivtv troubles with Jarod's howto

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Thu Oct 7 00:35:38 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 06 October 2004 14:31, PAUL WILLIAMSON wrote:
> Fellow mythtvites,
>
> I have been running MythTV for about 6 months or so, and decided that I
> need more time to actually enjoy myth, so I redid my whole machine
> (actually bought a new mobo and cpu for it) and I'm trying Jarod's guide
> with the atrpms.  I was crusing along when I hit the ivtv stuff.  I'm
> getting an error about not being able to do an apt-get on
> kernel-module-ivtv-2.6.8-1.521.  apt-get reports there is no package
> with this name.  I searched the archives, but didn't find any relevant
> information.  I'm running FC2.  I've tried grabbing the ivtv stuff
> (kernel worked) with at-bleeding, at-testing, at-good and at-stable, all
> with the same result.  Is this package missing, or do I need to move to
> a newer kernel?

The packages are there, they're just in either bleeding or testing. What all
you need to do to get them installed has changed a bit over the last two
weeks, and I haven't had a chance to put together another update. Some issues
w/trying to merge the ivtv msp3400 and bttv msp3400 are still being shaken
down on the ivtv list, but eventually, we'll hopefully have just a
kernel-module-ivtv and kernel-module-video4linux rpm to install out of
stable, and be happy, but we're not quite there yet...

If you temporarily enable bleeding, apt-get update apt-get install
kernel-module-ivtv-2.6.8-1.521 kernel-module-video4linux-2.6.8-1.521, you
*should* be okay, but might have to manually switch from using the v4l
msp3400 to the msp3400-ivtv included w/the ivtv kernel module. The merged v4l
version works for some people, and not for others...

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
jcw at wilsonet.com

Got a question? Read this first...