[mythtv-users] Problem with mc.sql and database upgrading

Mike Perry pez at cus.org.uk
Wed Oct 6 22:02:09 UTC 2004

Hi, I finaly decided to start again as I have been failing to get live
tv or recording to work so I deleted the database as in the instructions:

mysql> drop database mythconverg;

then

$ mysql -u root < mc.sql

but now when I run ./setup I get the following error:

# ./setup
2004-10-06 22:48:30 Inserting MythTV initial database information.
2004-10-06 22:48:30 Upgrading to schema version 1003
DB Error (Performing database upgrade):
Query was:
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS recordingprofiles(    id INT UNSIGNED AUTO_INCREMENT NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY,    name VARCHAR(128),    videocodec VARCHAR(128),    audiocodec VARCHAR(128),    UNIQUE(name));
Driver error was [2/1146]:
QMYSQL3: Unable to execute query
Database error was:
Table 'mysql.proc' doesn't exist

I tried it with the 0.15 mc.sql but get the same problem.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Mike.