[mythtv-users] recording overrides

Bill Oberman Oberman at BodyMedia.Com
Wed Oct 6 14:58:04 UTC 2004

Hi,

I don't use the advanced features of recording very often, but I had
troubles last night, and I want to make sure I'm using it correctly.  I
wanted to record Sex and the City on TBS, and set up channel recording.
The episodes are listed back-to-back, at 9:00 and 9:30, and are listed
as being 30 minutes, but in reality seem to be slightly more... like 33
minutes.  I have global early start/late end settings of 2 minutes, and
the first week lost the very end of the second episode.  I then tried to
add an "end late" to this program of 5 minutes.  The second week, it
worked, but bounced between tuners (I have two), and double recorded the
end of first/start of second episode.  I realized my mistake, which was
to apply the extra 5 minutes to all episodes, versus just the second.  I
put the record options back to no extra end.  Then last night, I went to
the 9:30 episodes, and added a "recording override" of end +5 minutes.
But, that didn't work at all... it only recorded the standard global
extra 2 minutes, but not 5.  Up till now everything made sense to me...
why didn't it record the 9:30 show 5 minutes longer?

I think I now know how to fix it "right".  Delete the channel schedule,
and add two timeslot ones.  Set the 9:30 slot to have extra end, and
everything should work out.

Thanks,

william