[mythtv-users] PVR-350 questions

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 6 03:27:47 UTC 2004

Piers,

I don't know about the first question (I'm in North
America, and therefore use good old NTSC - Never Twice
(the) Same Color), so I don't know a whole lot about
SCART (yet, I'm soon to learn at work).

The PVR-350 can output X, and MythTV, but it's going
to be pretty painful.  Setting it up is fairly easy,
but due to the hardware in the card (as I said in
another post to the list, I see it as a "glorified
blitter"), some operations will be slow (anything that
isn't optimized for the PVR-350).  That said, for just
watching TV, it's pretty darn good.

The remote receiver that comes with the PVR-350
supports the RC-5 protocol, so you can use other
remoted with it.  Myself, I use a OneForAll universal
remote with it, and it works great.

-- Joe