[mythtv-users] New machine, transferring over

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Wed Oct 6 01:13:17 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 05 October 2004 17:34, Ryan Steffes wrote:
> I hope this is as easy as it sounds in my head.  I'm waiting on my CPU
> to arrive from newegg before putting together a dedicated MythTv
> machine in the living room.  I've already resized the video partition
> to take up just 150 out of my 200 gigs and I've made a partition for
> the music I'm going to make it serve.  I left about 15 gigs for system
> and a small user file space for my wife.  What I'm going to have to do
> is take the hard drive and the capture card out of my current machine
> and put them into the new machine.
>
> Here's my plan:
>
> Install Linux fresh.
> Install MythTV on the new machine from the source I have running on
> this machine.
> Mount the video partition in the same place (/home/video) as it's mounted
> now Copy the database over
> Follow the steps to change the hostname
> Change the settings for the master server in setup
>

> It seems like it should be easy.  Anyone spot any glaring stupidity?

That's pretty much all there is to it. I've done the same thing a few times
myself.

As it relates to your gmail account, and those of everyone on this list using
them... Anyone else get annoyed w/gmail's insistence to insert the sender's
address as a reply-to along with the list? I don't know about folks using
their gmail accounts (haven't touched mine in ages), but I don't want two
copies of replies to everything I send the list... :-)

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
jcw at wilsonet.com

Got a question? Read this first...