[mythtv-users] Chaintech 7NIF2

Tim Sailer tps at buoy.com
Tue Oct 5 13:01:32 UTC 2004

On Tue, Oct 05, 2004 at 06:23:51AM -0400, Donavan Stanley wrote:
> On Mon, 4 Oct 2004 23:54:27 -0400, Tim Sailer <tps at buoy.com> wrote:
> > If anyone has one of these beasties running both SVGA and SVIDEO, could
> > you *please* post your XF86Config-4 file? I'm pulling out what's left
> > of my hair. I finally have the X log file showing that it's configuring
> > the TV-0 (using the TwinView "Clone"), but nothing shows up, either
> > SVideo or Composite. If I understand right, nothing should have to be done
> > to enable the TV part, right?
>

> Running both via TwinView is a bad idea.  The playback quality on your
> TV will suffer a LOT because the playback will be synced to the VGA
> head not the TV out head.

OK, I think the computer elfs were at work last night. I had messed
with this until about 1AM, decided to get some sleep, then woke up,
grabbed some coffee, and turned the computer back on. The TV *immediately*
started showing POST, just like it was on the monitor! The only thing
that had changed was I had some sleep?

OK, now I'm getting text output, sorta fuzzy, but output on the TV. When
X11 starts up, the monitor shows normal output, the TV just has wide
vertical graphic stripes.

If twinview isnt' the best way to do this, what is? This isn't configured
for twinview at the moment. I've looked at 5 or 6 explanations and examples
on the net, and none of them match, and, until now, nothing worked.

Tim