[mythtv-users] Still problem with input selection on Matrox G400 + RRG

Mark J. Small msmall at eastlink.ca
Tue Oct 5 12:27:40 UTC 2004

I've seen posts about this before, but never any good solutions.

Whenever I reboot my backend machine ( which uses a Matrox G400 + Rainbow
Runner G an MJPEG capture device), the default input gets messed up.

On this tuner, the input are as follows:
0: Composite
1: S-Video
2: Tuner

I have everything set up properly to use input #2, but the when the computer
reboots, it gets stuck on input 0.  The only way to fix it is to go into live
tv and press c twice to switch to the proper input.  Once I do this, it stays
on input 2 happily.  But mythtv won't switch to the proper input on its own.

I've tried looking in the code for something specific to the mjpeg cards, but
it is beyond me.  I couldn't figure out where it is supposed to be changing
to the proper input for v4l or mjpeg cards.  I got lost.

Does anyone have any hints?

Mark