[mythtv-users] pvr-350 playback occasionally goes black / blank, returns with keypress

Adam Berson adam at adamberson.com
Mon Oct 4 23:56:07 UTC 2004

hi group

using pvr-350 tv-out, my screen goes black during playback every ~10
seconds.  If I press a button that changes the display - such as 'I' or
'M' or to adjust the volume - everything returns.

I don't think this is the same problem as mentioned in the myth
troubleshooting, as I have all screensaves and power saving turned off
(I think), and things do NOT return when I move the mouse.

I thought I read somewhere that there was a patch for something to
resolve this issue (maybe bttv?) but I can't find it anymore.

Thanks
Adam