[mythtv-users] Motherboard recommendation for more than 2 DVB cards

Sasha Z kleptophobiac at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 19:43:14 EDT 2004

I'd go with an nforce3 ultra based board or an i875 board. My reason?
They have onboard gigabit that is not on the local PCI bus. This will
allow for blazing fast broadcast without hogging too much CPU (nvidia
and intel GbE chipsets are excellent) and without saturating PCI
bandwidth.

For NF3, look into the MSI neo2 platinum ( IIRC ), the DFI Lanparty
with NF3 ultra, or the Epox 8kda3j+.

For i875, the Asus p4c800 deluxe or the Abit IC7-Max2 are great boards.

The i9xx chipets would work as well, but I don't feel that they are
mature yet, and do not deserve to be in servers. :)