[mythtv-users] Athlon XP -> Athlon XP-M

Cory Papenfuss papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu
Mon Oct 4 15:15:07 EDT 2004

 	That's about what I found out after I got off on the tangent
yesterday for a few hours.  I figured that *if* it worked, I'd have to set
the multipliers with a hardware hack of some sort.  It seemed like an
awful lot of work to just reduce the power consumption a bit.

 	I still haven't seen a budget SMP motherboard system to replace
the MPX/athlon setup of my Tyan 2466M.  It seems like any of the new
AMD SMP is high-end and extremely expensive.

 	What's a
Dual PPro 	2x(233)		->
BP6		2x(300->450)	->
VP6		2x(750->1000)	->
2466M		2x(2400)
kinda guy supposed to do next?  :)

-Cory

* Cory Papenfuss							*
* Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University 			*