[mythtv-users] mythburn: automagic DVD burning becoming part of Myth soon?

Cory Papenfuss papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu
Mon Oct 4 13:39:36 EDT 2004

 	I have previously used avidemux to tag the commercials and crunch
the video.  It's been a painstaking process, but have a scripty that
pretty much does it automatically given a list.  Something like this:

FILTFILE=filters
VIDCONF="2pass=658"
VIDOPTS="--filters $FILTFILE --video-process --halfd1-res --video-codec \
 	DVD --video-conf $VIDCONF"
avidemux2 --load $i $VIDOPTS --save-raw-audio $base.m2a --save $base.m2v --quit
mplex -O 3003mpt -o $base.mpg -f 8 $base.m2v $base.m2a

Where filters contains the xml on my filter choice from avidemux:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<filters FilterNumber="1">
   <Filter Tag="39" Conf=" MPlayer HQ Denoise 3D (4.0 - 3.0 - 6.0)'">
     <Parameters Number="3">
       <param1>4.000000</param1>
       <param2>3.000000</param2>
       <param3>6.000000</param3>
     </Parameters>
   </Filter>
</filters>

i.e. Mplayer HQ Denoise 3D (default parameters)

 	The resulting process takes about 4hours/hour on a 2.4Ghz P4 or
Athlon 2400.  I've got 2 SMP boxes, so I can run it 4 times and get 1
hour/hour aggregate.

-Cory

* Cory Papenfuss							*
* Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University 			*