[mythtv-users] OT: How to convert VOB to NUV

Michael J. Lynch mlynch at gcom.com
Mon Oct 4 08:56:10 EDT 2004

As I understand it, mplayer is used when playing videos and a myth
specific internal player is used when playing
recorded or live tv.  I know I can play the VOB files using mplayer but
what I want to do is play the VOB files
as if they were recordings made via the backend.  Are you saying this is
possible without converting the VOB
files to NUV format?

Donavan Stanley wrote:

>On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 11:09:24 -0500, Michael J. Lynch <mlynch at gcom.com> wrote:
>

>>This is pretty much off topic but I was hoping someone would be so kind
>>as to point me in the right direction.  I want to convert one or more
>>VOB files from DVD rips to the NUV format used by Myth.  Does anyone
>>know how or have any suggestions on how to do this.  Thanks.
>>

>Why would you want to do that?  Myth is perfectly capable of playing
>the vob file.

Michael J. Lynch

What if the hokey pokey IS what it's all about -- author unknown