[mythtv-users] mythburn: automagic DVD burning becoming part of Myth soon?

James Armstrong james at thearmstrongs.org
Mon Oct 4 08:26:27 EDT 2004

William wrote:

>>Hello. Saw this over on the KnoppMyth forums:
>>http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2132 . Took a
>>

>Jesse that sounds like a great idea. I know they have worked on making the
>project more generic but they still have a long ways to go. It does not even
>install cleanly on a fresh KnoppixMyth box. I ran into dependancy hell when
>trying to install it.
>
>If you can, make the install script not use dpkg as that is not available on
>all platforms. I would do it myself but I am not that good of a programmer.
>
>Keep us up to date,
>Bill

The only nice feature I would like to see added is a way to select
several shows and have the script automatically decide how much
compression is needed to make them fit on a dvd, then transcode the .nuv
(mpeg2) files before burning them to disk. I can usually get 3 one hour
shows on one dvd but would like to archive maybe 6 to 8 per dvd at a
lower quality but still be able to watch them on a dvd player.

- James