[mythtv-users] Bluetooth Question

Renaud Desarzens rde_lists at desarzens.ch
Mon Oct 4 02:59:46 EDT 2004

On Mon, 04 Oct 2004 8:17 AM, David Whyte wrote:
> Sent: Monday, October 04, 2004 8:17 AM
> To: Discussion about mythtv
> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Bluetooth Question
>
> An obivous use would be as a remote control :P  I was hoping to work
> on this once I get a Myth box, but this is looking like being light
> years away :(

Having a "light MythTV frontend" running on a bluetooth capable PDA.
Wouldn't it make a great remote to control the real MythTV frontend/backend?
MythTV is really a great piece of software! The only thing I'm missing is a
remote control with an integrated display allowing me to control MythTV like
most of us do now via our TV set. But when just listening to music (audio
CD, MP3, OGG, internet radio, FM radio, ...) it would be great not to have
to power on the TV set because of that. Having the MythTV frontend displayed
on my PDA screen would even replace a lcd display.

Now that I'm thinking about it more and more... Is it possible to use a PDA
display which acts as X server? Couldn't we then run the MythTV frontend gui
on a PDA? Are there any X servers available for PDA (palm and/or pocketPC)?
Do we then need to have linux enabled PDA's?

Renaud