[mythtv-users] Audio Problems

Chris LaForce laforcec at centurytel.net
Mon Oct 4 00:19:58 EDT 2004

Hello,
  I have just reinstalled Fedora Core 2 on my PC and am resetting up
MythTv.  I am have some problems getting the audio setup correctly.
When I watch live tv the audio is way ahead of the video.  I am aware
that this problem occurs when you are listening to the live audio
instead of the captured volume.  My problem is when I go into the gui
mixer to try to change the values I have two tabs at the top one that
reads SigmaTel STAC9750/51 [OSS Mixer] and one the reads Sound Blaster
Audigy2 [Alsa Mixer]. In the OSS mixer I tried to mute the Mic option
and the master and in the ALSA Mixer I turned up the master and muted
the Mic option and turned up the Mic Capture options.  When I leave and
test Myth I find the audio screwed up. When I come back into the mixers
the values have changed from what I set.  I have also tried the text
based mixer alsamixer.  Should I see both these mixers when I go into
Volume control.
Thanks for any help,

Chris.