[mythtv-users] using the channel program to change channels

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Sun Oct 3 21:09:35 EDT 2004

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Gabe Rubin <gaberubin at gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2004 18:07:54 -0400
Subject: using the channel program to change channels
To: Myth User <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>

I had my mythbox decommissioned for a while (it is using a CVS version
of .15, it has been a while), and just got it back up and running.  In
the meantime, I have switched from sat to cable, and made the
transitions in the db with no problem.  However, I used to use the
sony.pl script to change the channels, obviously this no longer works.
 I compiled and got the channel program in the contrib dir up and
running, but myth does not seem to want to use it to change channels.
I am able to isse the command "channel 5" at the command prompt and
can change channels that was as user mythtv, so I know the program
works, the mythbox and the receiver can talk to each other and mythtv
has the right perms to do this.  However, when I put channel as the
externalcommand in the database, I am unable to get any channel
change.  I tried "channel -v" (w/o the quotes either) to see if I
could see any useful information, and I don't.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as this is the one thing
holding me back right now.

Thanks!
Gabe