[mythtv-users] Re: X freezing after short time (using PVR-350/ivtv-fb)

Andrew Plumb aplumb at gmail.com
Sun Oct 3 19:03:39 EDT 2004

Hi Jarod,

Thanks for the feedback.  I'm using your xorg.conf-PVR350.txt
verbatem; I'd be curious to know what, if anything, is mapped to your

I think the problem might have been in a BIOS setting...  Just to be
on the safe side, I went in a reset the VIA BIOS to safe defaults,
then turned on the onboard LAN.  I've started up X on the PVR350 and
it's still active.

Almost there....  The X session appears to be too large for the TV so
I have to fiddle with settings there.  Also, Live TV still doesn't
work, but there are hints in the mythbackend log as to why.

If you don't know what to do, do something.