[mythtv-users] $status paramater not returning "auto"
dcl63 at hotpop.com
Sun Oct 3 11:34:31 EDT 2004
I believe I have solved my early wakeup problem. nvram-wakeup has a
setting to wake 5 minutes before the intended start time:
* WAKEUP_BEFORE is the number of minutes the machine needs for booting. I.e.
* we will set the wake up time WAKEUP_BEFORE menutes before we
* need the machine to be up and running.
* NEED_TO_SHTDWN is the number of minutes the machine needs between calling
* nvram-wakeup and poweroff.
* I.e. we don't accept wake up times less than
* (NEED_TO_SHTDWN + WAKEUP_BEFORE) minutes
* in the future
* If NEED_TO_SHTDWN is too small, it may happen that the wake up time is passed
* while shutdown process, so the machine will wake up one month or (on the
* boards, which store the month number) one year later than expected.
* I think, it is sufficient to set NEED_TO_SHTDWN to 5 minutes but your mileage
* may vary.
#*define* WAKEUP_BEFORE 5
I have just adjusted my wakeup time by adding 300 seconds to the $time
value. Now I have complete control of when the machine starts.
So these problems do not appear to be related.
Christian Hoenig wrote:
>-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
>On Sunday 03 October 2004 08:39, DCL wrote:
>>The $status parameter not returning the value "auto" in the "Startup
>>command:" field on the "Shutdown/Wakeup Options" when the machine is
>>automatically started using the wakeup options.
>As stated in the other mail, I do not have a running setup currently. So lets
>first find out why your wakeup is early, then lets have a look at the 'auto'
>info, as those two could probably be linked (Only if mythtv is the faulty one
>thats sets it up early).
>take care, have fun
>-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
>Version: GnuPG v1.2.4 (GNU/Linux)
>-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
>mythtv-users mailing list
>mythtv-users at mythtv.org
More information about the mythtv-users