[mythtv-users] X freezing after short time (using PVR-350/ivtv-fb)

Andrew Plumb aplumb at gmail.com
Sat Oct 2 23:56:30 EDT 2004

Hi Everyone,

So close!  Yet so far...

I'm running FC2 kernel 2.6.8-1.521 with the latest ck100zz kernel
modules and related packages from atrpms.  X starts up OK on the
PVR-350 output, but after a minute or two the machine freezes hard.
The mythbackend appears to be recording without any problems; I can
cat a .nuv file to /dev/video16 and watch and hear the output.  It's
not the mythfrontend because the freeze-up happens when I log-in as a
different, non-myth user.

It's an Epia M10K...  Could someone with a working Epia M10K+PVR350
setup, running this kernel+module combo, share their
/etc/modprobe.conf and /etc/X11/xorg.conf so we can compare notes?  Is
there anything in the bios I should (not) be doing with respect to
memory usage, etc?

I'm stumped...

Andrew.

--

If you don't know what to do, do something.