[mythtv-users] Auto Shutdown and Startup

DCL dcl63 at hotpop.com
Sat Oct 2 18:38:15 EDT 2004

I found a simple solution:

In the General section on the mythtvsetup screens, I set the "Startup
Command:" to:

   su - mythtv -c "/home/mythtv/startfrontend $status"

Where the contents of /home/mythtv/startfrontend is:

      #!/bin/bash

      case $1 in
         user )
            ln -sf /usr/bin/mythfrontend
/home/mythtv/.kde/Autostart/mythfrontend
            ;;
         auto )
            rm -f /home/mythtv/.kde/Autostart/mythfrontend
            ;;

       esac

Besure you set permisions on startfrontend so that the mythtv user can
execute it.
This assumes you have set up automatic startup per instructions at
http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/printer-friendly.php#auto

Dan