[mythtv-users] Strating automatic transcoding

John Andersen jsa at video.homelinux.org
Sat Oct 2 17:22:54 EDT 2004

On Saturday 02 October 2004 12:48, Mitko Haralanov wrote:
>  Hi, I have very happily been using MythTV for more the six months now
> and I really love it! Thanks for all the hard work!!
>
>  However, ever since I upgraded to 0.16 (using the apt-get method), all
> my recordings are not automatically transcoded and are left in MPEG-2
> format (which takes up significantly more space). I have checked and
> double checked the 'Automatically transocde' setting in the recording
> profiles and they are all set. This is also proven by the fact that I
> have many entries in the 'transcoding' table in the database:

I had that happen too on .16 (and I've been using myth for much
shorter than you - so take everything I say with a grain of salt...

I found that after resolving all the prerequisites for
nuvexport and mythmusic my transcoding stared working
all by itself, even tho i don't remember making any changes.

I think there is a undocumented dependency in there, OR I'm
all wet and it started working for some other reason I can't
explain.
--