[mythtv-users] Cringely article mentions Myth

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Oct 2 16:33:32 EDT 2004

On 10/01/2004 10:44 AM, Jason Werpy wrote:

>Cringley's latest column mentions someone in Canada using myth to
>serve video content to an entire neighborhood.
>
>He's using his own dishes to gather content and is basically running
>his own "cable" (actually its wireless) television service supported
>by myth.  Truly amazing.
>
>here's the link:
>http://www.pbs.org/cringely/rss/redir/cringely/pulpit/pulpit20040930.html

I guess that's a pretty good answer for this guy's posts:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/84548
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/84352

Wonder how much storage they have...  The article said, "We've reached
the point now where the PVR has so much in storage already that it is
set to simply record anything that isn't already on disk."  The Olympics
alone ate up a huge portion of my storage, and that was only a 2-week
diversion from normal broadcasting...

Mike