[mythtv-users] pvr-250 tuner=50

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Oct 2 15:25:29 EDT 2004

On 09/25/2004 08:14 PM, Tim Sailer wrote:

>I applied Mr. Deans patched to my 2.6.8 kernel. Since I'm using -111l
>ivtv drivers, I didn't need to patch that. I still get 'tuner not set'
>when I modprobe ivtv. Should I be forcing the tuner or should it find
>it by itself?

Sorry for the late reply--been traveling for a week and didn't have much
access to the 'net.

This is definitely an issue for the ivtv ML, so please follow up by
posting the requested information there (
http://sourceforge.net/mail/?group_id=73219 ).

Once you have a tuner module that supports tuner type 50,
ivtv-0.1.10-pre2-ck108l and above will autodetect and set the correct
tuner type--given a proper modprobe.conf.

Without additional information, it's impossible to tell for certain why
your tuner is not being set, but it's most likely due to using an old
version of the tuner module that doesn't support the new tuner type (how
many tuner.ko modules exist on your system?) or an improperly built
tuner module.  Please post the ivtv-related settings in your
modprobe.conf and the initialization information from your logs.  You
can obtain this info with (assuming /var/log/messages is your system log
file):

tac /var/log/messages |
sed -n '/=  END INIT IVTV  =/,/= START INIT IVTV =/p;
          /= START INIT IVTV =/q' |
tac

Mike