[mythtv-users] myth-setup question

Albert Ulmer jayaeu at gmail.com
Sat Oct 2 11:23:51 EDT 2004

On Sat, 02 Oct 2004 12:10:15 +0100, Allan Stirling
<dibblahmythml0015 at pendor.org> wrote:
> Albert Ulmer wrote:
> > So I now have a frontend and MythTV can see my card properly as the
> > DVB-c device it is. Next I'd like to scan for channels, but xawtv and
> > scantv won't work, exiting saying that the "device has no tuner".
> >
> > Are there other tools I can try?
>
> Scanning is a bit different for DVB - You can't just treat it like an
> analog tuner. You need the dvb-apps package and within that there's dvbscan.
>
> You need to tell it an initial frequency to tune to (to find an initial
> transponder) then it should dump all your channels to channels.conf.
>
> [root at stb ~/dvb-apps/util/scan]#
> ./dvbscan ./dvb-t/uk-BlackHill >channels.conf

OK, I managed to adapt one of the samples (de-Berlin) provided with
dvbscan to the information given to me by my cable provider. I now
have a channel.conf in my home directory and would like to feed them
to MythTV.

How can I accomplish that? Can I use mythfilldatabase or is there some
conversion neede beforehand?

Thanks for your help!

Best regards,
Albert.