[mythtv-users] UK xmltv grabber is working again!

Charlie Brej brejc8 at vu.a.la
Sat Oct 2 08:11:35 EDT 2004

Prash wrote:
> This is fantastic. They have been really helpful. I wonder if we should
> offer to mirror data to reduce load on their servers. (may have to check
> legal implications). After all they are providing data free of cost.
>
> I guess all the emails we sent to them did the trick!

 From xmltv website:
"The tv_grab_uk_rt grabber gets machine-readable data from the radiotimes.com
site. They would like me to point out that all data is the copyright of the
Radio Times website (http://www.radiotimes.com/) and the use of this data is
restricted to personal use only."

So I wouldn't if I were you. Besides, 40Kb per channel for 14 days is tiny. Prob
less than 1% of what we were grabbing before.

The only problem I found so far is that they release the new days programming
(14 days ahead) after 6am (after my grabber). I'm gonna have to figure out what
time it changes and get it then. I'm only obsessed because I can't wait for
"Little Britain" ;)

--
         Charlie Brej
APT Group, Dept. Computer Science, University of Manchester