[mythtv-users] RE: sleep/wake with Jarod's guide

Alexander Petkov ap154036 at cue1.umt.edu
Sat Oct 2 06:08:13 EDT 2004

Hello Simon:

After searching the mythtv user list I saw that your motherboard is with a similar issue my motherboard has.

I am trying to schedule a nvram-wakeup power-on. It works, but similar to yours, my motherboard needs a reboot for the alarm changes to take effect. I can see that you have designed a solution to this "nvram-wakeup reboot needed" issue:

 By mythtv-shutdown i mean the shutdown functionallity integrated into
mythtv (I use the CVS version). Scince my board need a reboot after
setting the nvram-wakeup timer i've made a script that selects a
power-off-option in grub. The mythtv user can run nvram-wakeup and my
grubreboot using sudo. From the terminal it works flawlessly, but it
seems like mythtv cannot shutdown the computer.