[mythtv-users] OT: How to convert VOB to NUV

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Fri Oct 1 18:49:36 EDT 2004

On Friday 01 October 2004 15:22, Donavan Stanley wrote:
> On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 11:09:24 -0500, Michael J. Lynch <mlynch at gcom.com>
wrote:
> > This is pretty much off topic but I was hoping someone would be so kind
> > as to point me in the right direction.  I want to convert one or more
> > VOB files from DVD rips to the NUV format used by Myth.  Does anyone
> > know how or have any suggestions on how to do this.  Thanks.
>
> Why would you want to do that?  Myth is perfectly capable of playing
> the vob file.

The only thing I can think is perhaps he wants to compress the files so they
don't take up some much hard drive space, in which case, he should just fire
up transcode (or any of the myriad of apps apps that use it on the back end).
Personally, I use dvd::rip for most of my DVD ripping, going DVD to vob on
disk, then transcode to xvid or ffmpeg mpeg4. For stuff already on disk, I
generally use avidemux2.

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
jcw at wilsonet.com