[mythtv-users] Cringely article mentions Myth

Henk Poley hpoley at dds.nl
Fri Oct 1 16:28:46 EDT 2004

Op vrijdag 01 oktober 2004 16:44, schreef Jason Werpy:
> Cringley's latest column mentions someone in Canada using myth to
> serve video content to an entire neighborhood.
>
> He's using his own dishes to gather content and is basically running
> his own "cable" (actually its wireless) television service supported
> by myth.  Truly amazing.
>
> here's the link:
> http://www.pbs.org/cringely/rss/redir/cringely/pulpit/pulpit20040930.html

It just popped on my Memigo.com, but what I find fishy is that I can't find a
connection between Starnix and MythTV. Only one mailinglist where both
someone from @starnix.com posted, and some other discussion about MythTV
(without Starnix people). Also no Google hits on Andrew Greig and Starnix.
Though the name of the person might be altered for privacy reasons.

And I seem to remember someone posting here that he had such a big storage
that the Show Recordings page took 3 minutes to show up. I don't want to
thing how long it would take for this guy and his neighbourhood, most of the
frontends work over WiFi even (high variable latency).

 Henk Poley <><